Thursday, July 5, 2012

Tjugo Åtta Dagar

I had a hard time coming up with something to share today. I find blogs a little more interesting when they have pictures to go along with them. And I have yet to get those of young Natalie from my parents house.

But there is one picture of young me that I have hanging on my fridge. I'm not much of a stuffed animal person anymore, but this particular stuffed animal is one of the first things I'd save if I had a fire or such in my house.

I received Hippity Hop as a birthday present from my great grandma. I look to be about 5 in the photo. Ever since then Hippity Hop has been with me where ever I have lived. He went to college with me and made the move to St. Louis. And of course he made the move back to Lindsborg. Hippity is one of the last items to be packed away and one of the first to be unpacked.

He's a little ragged now. When I was younger I actually did use it as a pillow at times. The nose tends to get a little hard in the middle of the night. And putting him in the washing machine didn't help the cardboard in the ears. I remember at least twice that mom had to sew on Hippity's poor tail.


No matter what, Hippity will still be a most treasured piece of my childhood.


Bucket List Item- I would really like to become at least moderately fluent in Swedish. Jag talar lite Svenska, but I would love to be able to say more. Anyone want to tutor me? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment