Thursday, July 5, 2012

29 Ends With A Bang!

*Disclaimer- the photos I will have in the next 29 blogs will have some other people in them. If you see yourself in a picture and you REALLY don't want it to be up, let me know and I will take it off as quickly as possible.

Now on with the show. Being that it is the 4th of July, today's factoid about me is that I'm all about the Holidays! Really. I get dressed up, have socks and t-shirts that go with them. I even will paint my nails to fit the theme. I don't do all the holidays to this extreme, but a majority I do.

I'll start by wearing green on St. Patty's Day.

Then it's always fun to wear a spring dress for Easter (I know I have pics of when I was younger in Easter dresses, I just haven't gotten to my parents house to find them)


 My next two big holidays are Memorial Day and the 4th of July. Memorial Day weekend is one of the few times I will voluntarily get up early in the morning to go hang flags or watch the Memorial Day Ceremony in the cemetery. I also look forward to visiting all the cemeteries and putting flowers on all of the relatives head stones. This can be a 2 or 3 day process.
 On most holidays even my nails (at least my toe nails) get in on the fun. I've painted them like Easter eggs, fireworks, candy canes, ornaments, etc. These are my toes this year.
This might be my favorite 4th of July get up so far. I even had star earrings, a star anklet and my flip flops are stars and stripes.

Then we rest for a while and prepare for Halloween. (Though sometimes a football game before that seems like a Holiday.) The pictures I have below are from college to present time of Halloween.


Lara Croft- Tomb Raider


 These two costumes (the flapper girl and Pippi Longstocking) were actually worn in the same year. I some how even got conned into wearing the Pippi Longstocking costume to church, as Halloween was on a Sunday that year.


The Princess and the Frog (A.K.A Kermit)

 Trinity from the Matrix. I really liked this costume.

And a Top Gun Pilot
One of the girls from Coyote Ugly


 The cow costume (which was actually a kids costume) won me $10. The biker mouse won me none. :(

For Thanksgiving I usually am too busy trying to figure out my schedule of Christmas shirts to think of anything creative to do. Schedule of Christmas shirts? I've got to be kidding right? Nope. I now have MORE Christmas shirts than there are days from Thanksgiving to Christmas. I now have extended it from the day after Thanksgiving to New Years. Here's a sample of the shirts.

                   
 

 

Some are classy and meaningful. I save those for Sundays. Others are just silly, those tend to be my favorites. Holiday's are just a part of me.

And now for my 'bucket list' item. I would like learn to play the banjo and guitar. I played the piano, violin, and flute growing up. Not well, but I did play them. But I would really like to learn the guitar and banjo. I've started a little with the guitar, but my problem is I don't set time aside to practice. I need to work on that.

*Side note. This is going to come up again in a later blog, but I thought I would start the suggestion now. As I look back on these last 30 years, I would love to see any photos or hear any memories you might have. Especially the funny ones. That will make it seem better somehow to be turning 30. I mean Twenty Ten. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment